Tuesday, June 11, 2013

God, what a day

Today was one of those days when you just wish you could go CTL-ALT-DEL and restart.

Not only did I not sleep well, I woke up to find one of the dogs had developed raging diarrhea during the night - including on the bed.  YUCK.

It is all cleanable, so I keep telling myself things could be worse.

I have been doing quite a bit of family history research and am trying to find more about my Great Grandfather. He came back from Gallipoli with shell shock.  He left his family and came to Australia and literally disappeared.  He was written out of family history and my father and I are trying to find out what happened to him.  It isn't pretty.

He ended up in a Mental Asylum in Brisbane and died in 1942, buried in an unmarked grave.  He now has a gave marker, at least.

I have been trying to work backwards and find out what led to him being sectioned.  Today I found two very old newspaper reports that mentioned him.  In one, he and a fellow returned soldier stole 11 chickens while they were living in the Hillview Camp in Sydney in 1921.

In the second one, he failed to answer a summons relating to a drunken fight at the Royal Hotel in Cairns, Queensland in 1924. He was sectioned in 1925 and remained in the Goodna Asylum until he died.  Such a sad waste.

And then I check the new and she is at it again.  Yes, Pauline Hanson is the red head you can trust - to lie about asylum seekers.  Politifact caught her out claiming asylum seekers deliberately destroy their passports. Truth is most don't have any to begin with.

And the ALP continues its determined stance to completely destroy itself.  Certainly makes it darn near impossible to find any credible alternative.  And they seem determined to give Abbott the Senate as well as the House.  Oh well, if they do they will have no one to blame except themselves.  What a bunch of prats.

No comments:

Post a Comment